Hello my sweeties,
I still remember when I was new to this big makeup world, one of my close friend gifted me a WET N WILD lipstick on my birthday. I was sold by the shade, the texture and long staying power. What next, I started hounding but to my bad luck wet N wild was no where available in INDIA. Therefore after a very long wait I bought couple of Wet ‘N’ Wild products but non of them are actually been reviewed.. :/ lazy me L. I wanted to introduce you a beautiful 8 Pan eye shadow palette from Wet N Wild-BLUE HAD ME AT HELLO.
Wet n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Collection:
- 8 dynamic, perfectly color-coordinated shades with high pigment and pearl for ultra-impact color
- Shades can be used together or individually to create an endless variety of looks.
Price: $4.99 USD without TAX and Without Shipping. I got mine for 650 INR or something within 600-700 INR dint remember the exact price actually.
Quantity: 0.3 oz.
Ingredients: Refer to the picture below
My Experience With Wet N Wild BLUE HAD ME AT HELLO Eyeshadow Palette
Wet N Wild as a brand is one of the best drug store brand in USA. I love every bit of it. The texture is amazing. Its highly pigmented with long staying power. Wet N Wild products are truly impressive and with their Color ICON palette collection there is no exception. I am always a fan of BLUE AND BLACK eyeshadows don’t know why but I get attracted. I knew BLUE HAD ME AT HELLO eyeshadow palette has to be all mine :D. It’s an 8 pan palette which apparently is a blue eye look palette. These 8 Pan palettes looks like 4 pan palettes stuck together and the shades included compliments each other. These beauties definitely need lots of praises especially when they cost below $5 (atleast in USA). Packaging comes with no such excitement but the shades compilations and pigments are rich and vibrant.
Left Side of the Palette
* Light shimmering champagne
*Light metallic silver
*Sparkling midnight navy
Right Side of the Palette ( See picture above)
*Light sky blue
*Shimmering sea aqua-green
*Shimmering medium blue
To me I am more floored with shades in 2nd column. They are much softer and smoother than the first column. First column consists of shimmery- champagne–frost shade –navy sparkle to Matte black. Texture is little chalky and colour pay off is semi –sheer not as opaque as 2nd column. Need a proper base to bring out exact same colour as pan. The navy blue sparkle doesn’t show off properly on lids hence disappears after few hours. A proper base needed! The Metallic Grey silver and Matte black is stiff and chalky, almost unpigmented when swatched. I had to layer it on to bring out intense applied as it looks in the pan.
But I am in love with shades in 2nd column! All the shades are highly pigmented. They are really Smooth and soft to touch and rich in colour. Out of all 4, sea green, aqua-teal and Shimmery blue are my favorites. Glittery Black is much more pigmented than Matte black in 1st column. But unfortunately glitters don’t show up and therefore it ends up looking matte after few hours. All the shades swatches are without any primers.
MY EOTD using same shades from this palette
Turn on: Wet N Wild BLUE HAD ME AT HELLO Palette
1) Definitely cheap and pocket friendly eyeshadow palette.
2) This is a must have palette for those who love blue and black eyeshadows.
3) Highly pigmented and rich color payoff. (Few shades)
4) Most of the shades are smooth and buttery. Soft to touch and blend pretty well.
5) It consists of 8 different shades.
6) Stays up to 4 hours without primer and therefore can stay upto 6-7 hours with primer.
7) This is not a day time palette and most suited for night outs and parties.
8) Can create black and blue smokey eye look.
Turn on: Wet N Wild BLUE HAD ME AT HELLO Palette
1) Sparkling Navy, Matte Black and Glittery Black leaves little fall off beneath the eye. Therefore it is very important that you fix up your makeup after you complete your eye look.
2) Few shades are not up to the mark. They are stiff and chalky and semi-sheer at the same time.
3) Column 1 shades need couple of layerings and proper base to bring out actual shade shown in the pan.
4) BIG CON- AVAILABILITY 🙁 🙁
COSMOCHICS RATING: 4/5 (MINUS 1 mark for semi sheer, less pigmentation and fall off of few shades)
“INFO ON A SILVER PLATTER”- Overall Color Icon eyeshadow palettes are one of the best drugstore eye shadow palettes available in US. I am not very fond of eye makeups but can judge the quality and texture and these palettes show mixed of shades from frost to shimmers and sparkle to mattes. Only leaving few shades rest shades makes this palette worth buying! All you need a nice base to pop out colour more and make it last longer. Very budget friendly and a blue- black smokey eye shadow palette. I would say it’s a ‘MUST HAVE’!!!
WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM OUR READERS
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS PALETTE YET?