Today read about “Benefits of Copper Infused Water and weight loss”
As a child, I always saw my grandfather drinking water from a copper vessel, first thing in the morning. Well, I did not really get into the details at that time but now I searched for some information over the internet and found out that copper infused water has a lot of health benefits.
Ayurveda also promotes drinking water stored in a copper vessel because it has the ability to balance the three doshas in our body Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. (From Wikipedia: A dosha (Sanskrit दोषः, doṣa), according to Ayurveda, is one of three substances that are present in a person’s body. … The central concept of Ayurvedic medicine is the theory that health exists when there is a balance between three fundamental bodily bio-elements or doshas called Vata, Pitta and Kapha.)
Coming to the benefits
- Detoxification & Digestion: The antimicrobial properties of copper kill harmful bacteria in the system and promote better functioning of stomach liver and kidney and detoxifies your body.
- Anti-ageing: Slows down the ageing process by fighting off free radicals due to the anti-oxidant property of copper. It also aids in cell renewal hence maintaining healthy skin.
- Promotes weight loss: Copper helps in setting the metabolism of your body, it aids in breakdown and elimination of fat from the body thus promoting weight loss.
- Fights Infections: Copper is known to be oligodynamic in nature which means that it has a sterilizing effect on bacteria and can destroy it very effectively hence protecting our bodies from several infections.
- Other Important Health benefits: Copper is an essential mineral that has anti oxidant, anti microbial, anti-carcinogenic properties and it can neutralise toxins due to which it helps beat hypertension, regulates blood pressure, maintains heart health, reduces the risk of cancer, beats anaemia (copper aids in the absorption of iron), regulates thyroid gland and provides relief in arthritis and joint pain
How To Make Copper Water:
- To reap the benefits of copper water, just pour some water in a copper vessel and leave it for minimum 4 hours, so that the Copper ions leech into the water.
- It is preferred that you leave it overnight and drink it as first thing in the morning.
- Do not overdo this, two glasses a day are more than enough. (Morning & Evening)
For all the above-stated benefits, all you have to do is drink water out of a copper vessel.
Check out these links if you are interested in some Fancy Copper Vessels to keep things Stylish.