Hey girls – I am back again with another review on one of my absolute favorite face product from MAC- Its MAC Studio fix powder plus foundation.
What does Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation Claims: A one-step powder and foundation that provides a smooth, flawless, all-matte, full-coverage finish. Long-wearing, velvety texture allows skin to breathe. Available in a wide range of colours.
Price: 1800 INR or US$27.00 (I am not sure if MAC has increased price further)
Quantity: 15g or .52 oz
Ingredients: Please redfer to the pic below
My Experience With MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
I still remember the first day I asked MAC MUA to match my MAC foundation shade and she picked 2, one is NC 35 and NC37 in studio fix liquid foundation. Both looked perfect on me but I found that NC37 suited me better. The reason is that the skin near my mouth area is little darker than the whole face and if I apply NC35 I had to pick a concealer in order to conceal it. I was not prepared to spend lots of money at one go and hence decided to move towards MAC Studio fix powder foundation and gladly asked to apply it on me. After trying and testing I picked up NC40 in Studio fix powder foundation. It is slightly darker on me but I am happy with the fact that it can conceal near mouth area giving an even tone complexion and blends nicely into the skin. Unfortunately the shade range is from Nc35 to direct NC40 and hence I had to pick NC40.
MAC Studio fix powder plus foundation is nicely pigmented and has a nice coverage in comparison to any other powder I have come across in the market. Reason because it’s a powder foundation and it belongs to studio fix range. The reason why I picked it over liquid formulation is because it’s very handy and easy to use. Also it takes lesser time in application and no fuss in blending at all. I just take a round fluffy powder brush or duo fibre brush and swirl it into the pan and just apply all over my face. That’s all you need to do with this. Easy, smart, convenient and effective!
It is non cakey, non drying on my dry skin whereas Studio fix liquid foundation looks little cakey on my dry skin. I like the packaging of MAC Compacts – they looks superb classy.
I was totally surprised to see how it blends into my skin giving enough coverage without looking cakey. Taking the fact into consideration that I have dry sensitive skin. Neither it accentuated any dry patches nor looked cakey on me. The texture is silky and smooth, Soft to touch and easily blendable. It gives medium to build-able coverage and is long wearing. It gives me more than 7-8 hours of wear time without any primer (I don’t use primers). But those who need heavy coverage this alone will not do justice. You can top it over studio fix liquid or any of your favorite foundation for more coverage.
Turn On: MAC Studio fix powder plus foundation
1) Easy to carry and easy to use.
2) No fuss in blending and blending and blending 😛 lol
3) Nice coverage just like what I want. Without going overboard.
4) Non cakey non drying on my dry and sensitive skin.
5) Did not cause break outs or any skin irritations or rashes.
6) Cover minor flaws and even out skin.
7) Convenient to use for daily purpose. Just like a compact you need to apply all over your face with either fluffy powder brush or duo fibre brush.
8) A concealer and Studio fix powder foundation is your weapon for minor flaws like under eye circles or small zits.
9) Stays more than 8 hours on me.
10) It’s not sweat proof but works decently preventing from sweating.
11) Wide range of shades available to choose from. Although in my case I wish they bring NC37 in powder also.
12) Evens out skin tone. Gives no flash backs.
Turn Off: MAC Studio fix powder plus foundation
1) Price, but then if you see the pic, they are my current clicks. Almost 70% is still left and I am using this for last 1 yr. Therefore price is justified!
2) MAC must bring NC37 in powder also.
3) The sponge comes with it is nice and fluffy and great quality, good for touch-ups (not a con for me) but it’s kept unused.
4) Not for those who need heavy coverage.
COSMOCHICS RATING: 4.5/5
“INFO ON A SILVER PLATTER”– I can keep on buying this one product MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation throughout my life. I just love it! Those who have not tried it yet do get this first instead of getting any lipsticks and trust me you won’t regret. This is a must have product for every woman.
WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM OUR READERS
CURRENTLY WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE POWDER?