“The eyes are the window of the soul” …and it is the most beautiful feature of a person…to enhance their beauty, eyeshadows play a very important part. Today I am going to share 8 of my favorite eye shadow palettes (from Urban Decay, Sleek & MUA as I find these to be high in quality and they give true value for money), belonging to different price range. I simply adore these palettes for their quality and versatility…so let’s go ahead!!!!
- URBAN DECAY NAKED PALETTE: The queen of all palettes. Whenever we talk about neutrals this naked palette from Urban Decay is worth mentioning. It is one of those palettes that is still on top list of most makeup freaks. It comes in a nice sturdy velvet covered cardboard box with an eye shadow brush. The shades are awesomely pigmented; no fallouts and yes they stay pretty long even without a primer.
The shades in Naked 1 are: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, and Buck, Half baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, and Gunmetal.
- URBAN DECAY NAKED 2 PALETTE: The queen has her bestie!!!!! With this Naked 2 palette you can collect more neutrals in your stash. It comes in a nice rosy colored case with a dual eye shadow brush. This case is a little sturdier than urban decay Naked 1 palette. The shades are much pigmented, just like Naked 1. It doesn’t need any primer for long wear. They stay put without fading or creasing.
The shades present in Naked 2 palette are Foxy, Half Baked, Booty Call, Chopper, Tease and Snake Bite Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted and Blackout.
- URBAN DECAY VICE 3 PALETTE: Okay, now moving on from Neutrals to a little colorful palette, and when it comes to colorful with quality then again urban decay comes to my mind….I am talking about Urban decay Vice 3. The palette is really beautiful. The mirror case of the palette along with the name VICE with yellow adds to the classiness of this baby. This palette comes with a huge mirror which is good enough for touch-ups along with a nice golden yellow dual eye shadow brush. When it is urban decay one can blindly trust on the pigmentation and this palette, no differently keeps the brands head held high.
The shades in this palette are Truth, Dragon, Vanity, Alien, Last sin, Undone, Freeze, Lucky, Alchemy, Angel, Downfall, Heroine, Reign, Bondage, Defy, DTF, Brokedown, Bobby Dazzle, Sonic, Revolver.
- MAKEUP ACADEMY UNDRESS ME TOO PALETTE: Yes yes I know you all must be in a dilemma seeing the top three eye shadow palettes because they are expensive enough to burn a hole in one’s pocket, but don’t worry I have other options as well on my list. So moving on from Pricey neutral palette to the most usable budget friendly neutral palette. It’s from Makeup academy, undress me too palette. The palette is on my top 8 list because it is nice affordable dupe of urban decay naked palette.
The shades included in this palette are Naked, devotion, Shy, Fiery, Lavish, dreamy, Trahquil, Exposed, Reveal, Wink, Obsessed, Corrupt. All the shades are quite pigmented and yes with proper base it can give competition to many renowned brands. Between I use this palette for my contouring and highlighting of my face too 😉
- SLEEK RIO RIO PALETTE: Next is another affordable colorful palette…yes this time it is from sleek limited edition Sleek rio rio palette. The palette includes 12 beautiful shades…from neutrals to bold red and orange and lime green to violet. All the shades are much pigmented and are soft in texture so its easy to build up the colors.
The shades included in this palette are Tropics, Night Fever, Ipanema, Caipirinha, Urca, Leblon, Chachaca, City of God, Copacabana, Sao Conrado, Bossa Nova, Leme.
Read the complete review here
- SLEEK ARABIAN NIGHTS PALETTE: This is another palette from the same brand, Sleek. This palette is inspired from the Arabian nights so all the shades that are chosen and named in this palette are inspired from those stories. The palette is sleek and sturdy. All the shades complement each other and one can create various looks with this palette, be it soft Smokey eyes to bold eyes…this palette is a perfect fit.
The shades are named as Scheherazade’s TaleGold SoukAlladin’s LampSultan’s Garden Hocus Pocus Simbad’s Seas GenieBlack Magic StallionSorcererValley of Diamonds1001 Nights.
Price : $11.99
- SLEEK VINTAGE ROMANCE PALETTE: Ahhhh !!! Among all the sleek palettes this one is my favorite as all the shades are very pretty. It comes in a black sturdy and sleek case that is travel friendly. The shadows are soft in texture and pigmented.
The shades are Pretty in paris, Meet in Madrid, Court in Cannes, Lust in LA, Romance in Rome, Propose in Prague, A vow in Venice, Marry in Monte carlo, Honeymoo in Hollywood, Bliss in Barcelona, Forever in Florence, Love in London.
Price : $11.99
- SLEEK GARDEN OF EDEN PALETTE: – Last but not the least…Sleek Garden of Eden palette. If you are looking for different shades of green then this palette should be your choice.It consists of various shades of green that are again quite pigmented and smooth in texture.
The shades are Gates of Eden, Eve’s kiss, Paradise on earth, Python, Forbidden, Flora, Entwined, Adam’s apple,Fig, Evergreen, Fauna, Tree of Life.
Price : $11.99
“INFO ON A SILVER PLATTER“- So, these are my top 8 eye shadow palettes that make my stash and my eyes look beautiful. I always prefer eyeshadow palettes over single eyeshadows as I feel that palettes are easy to carry and when in hurry you can create your look with all the shades that are included on the palette rather than thinking about which single eyeshadow will go with another one. So next time you plan to buy a palette you can choose easily as now you know which eyeshadow palette is worth buying 😉
WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM OUR READERS
Which one is your favorite???